Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Breasts
I received an Instant Pot for my birthday so I decided to give a recipe a try and see how it worked out. Thank goodness I had everything in the house already so I didn’t have to go shopping.
This recipe was so easy and using the Instant Pot was fast and efficient. I’m so glad that we have one now. Cooking will be a lot less painful.
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
I marinated my chicken in the liquid for a few hours before cooking but it is not necessary to do so.
- In the base of a 6 quart Instant Pot, mix together the chicken stock, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and red pepper flakes.
- Add chicken breasts.
- Set the valve to seal and cook on manual high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Do a quick release of pressure (turn to venting as soon as the timer rings)
- Open Instant Pot and remove the chicken breasts to a cutting board to allow them to rest for approximately 10 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water and stir into the sauce in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute and heat until it bubbles and is thickened. Use oven mitts to remove the base to prevent the sauce from burning.
- Slice the chicken breast and spoon the sauce over top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Serve with your favorite sides. I served it over rice and had sauteed yellow squash.