One Pan Mexican Quinoa
Looking for something healthy but tasty? How about less pots and pans to clean too!
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5oz) can fire-roasted diced tomates
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 TBSP chopped cilantro leaves (optional)
*I used 1 cup of mixed frozen vegetables instead of the corn since I didn’t have any. I also used Wholly guacamole single servings instead of an avocado.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno and cook, stirring frequently until fragrant. About 1 minute.
Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through. About 20 minutes. Stir in avocado, lime juice and cilantro.